All items can be ordered by contacting us on email. Postage may apply. firstname.lastname@example.org
- ST JAMES PARK, HAWTHORN – Part One: SHAKESPEARE GROVE, Elizabeth Love & Jennifer Bowen. 2017 $20
- ST JAMES PARK, HAWTHORN – Part Two: YARRA STREET, Elizabeth Love & Jennifer Bowen. Release date – late 2019
- A GLIMPSE OF GLENFERRY – a compilation of articles by Ruth Dwyer written for the Hawthorn Historical Society, 2016. $20
- A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE STREETS OF HAWTHORN – G. McWilliam, revised edition 2004. $22.00
- HAWTHORN SKETCHES- LIFE ON THE HILL – A companion volume to Life in the Valley (currently out of print) by G. McFarlane. 2000, $22.00
- BOROONDARA MUSINGS – 2 CD set of collated articles and photographs by Gwen McWilliam $25
- HAWTHORN VILLAGE WALK – a walking tour of the original Hawthorn Village by E Love, $7.50. Based on work by G. McWilliam.
- SHADY PLACES – A History of Hawthorn’s Parks, Gardens and ‘Public Property’ by G. McWilliam. $12
- FAINT TRACES – Chinese in Hawthorn before WWII by D. Nicholas and M. Sheehan, 2002, $15
- HOW HAS HAWTHORN CHANGED? An educational resource pack including PowerPoint presentation and teacher notes for grades 3-5, by E. Love, 2016. $50 Available on application.
- HAWTHORN HISTORY WALKS – Eighteen informative street walks by G. McWilliam are sold in sets for $7.00. SET 1. Hawthorn Hill, St James Park, Burwood Park, Lower Hawthorn, Fairmount. SET 2. Kinkora to Barkers, Manningtree, Grace Park, Lisson Grove. SET 3. Glenferrie Hill. Village of Glenferrie, Auburn Hill, Payne’s Paddock. SET 4. Mornane Paddock, Smith’s Paddock, Village of Rathmines, Upper Hawthorn.
HELP WITH RESEARCH
The Society holds a comprehensive collection of records on various aspects of the history of Hawthorn and welcomes your queries concerning local people and places. We can undertake simple queries for no charge. If your query is complex an archival search and retrieval can be undertaken on a fee-for service basis.
The cost of these enquiries conducted by our research team, is calculated at $20 per hour or part thereof for research, with additional costs for printing, packaging and postage.
Alternatively, you can join us at the Local History Room at the Hawthorn Library and we can assist you to access the information you may need. We are there each 2nd Wednesday from 10 am to 12 pm. We are also at our office each 4th Wednesday from 10 am to 12 pm. Our office is at 25 Inglesby Road, Camberwell, just behind the Camberwell Library and close to the #75 tram line. At other times by appointment.